Summer Rock Band Program
COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS PENDING FOR SUMMER 2021
The playLOUD program was created to provide students the opportunity to:
- Play together with other vocalists and instrumentalists in a Rock Band.
- Express their individuality by making their own choices about the music that they want to play, write, and explore.
- Be creative by writing songs and designing their own band identity.
- Learn about and discuss music they listen to.
- Perform as a band in front of a live audience and be a part of planning and staging the show.
- Students will be involved in large and small group activities, discussions, lectures, and instruction.
- Students will break into supervised small groups to create their band, select and rehearse cover songs, write original compositions, and plan for their performance at the final concert.
Registration Details & Eligibility
- Music students between the ages of 7-11 and 12-17 currently studying piano, guitar, voice, bass, or drums are eligible to participate.
- Students must complete and submit an on-line or paper registration form before the registration deadline.
- The fee for the program is $269.00 which includes participation in the final concert.
- The deadline for registration is June 27, 2020.
- Early registration is encouraged as there are limited spaces for each instrument type.
For more information about the program, please call the school office at (204) 697-4565.
Summer 2020 Date & Location
The programs will run from July 6 to July 16, 2020.
- Each program has eight sessions, held Monday through Thursday from 9:30am to 3:30pm for two consecutive weeks.
- A final concert featuring stage performances by each band will be held on the last day of the program at the Bulldog Event Center, 1364 Main Street, Winnipeg.
- The program for ages 7-11 will be held at Tauber Music, 1099 Henderson Highway
- The program for ages 12-17 will be held at Tauber Music, 1330 Portage Avenue
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE – JUNE 27, 2020.
Summer 2020 Event Status: CANCELLED due to pandemic