Ages 8 to Adult
Current Vocal Lesson Status: Online Only / Covid-19 Pending
Due to the current uncertainty associated with reopening schools and greater risk of transmission that singing potentially has when recommended safety protocols are not followed, all vocal lessons at Tauber Music will be conducted online only until further notice.
Students registered in the Aptitude Voice Program and in the Regular Voice Program, aged 8 years to adult, will begin their vocal training with the FULL VOICE™ Workbook Series for all beginner vocalists.
The FULL VOICE™ Workbook Series is a music lesson curriculum for the young vocal student that assists in the development of healthy vocal technique, strong vocal abilities and musicianship. This workbook series was developed for vocal students working with a vocal teacher in private instruction.
Learning to sing properly is a very important aspect of vocal training. New students will learn essential basics of singing such as: proper singing posture, proper breathing techniques and how to take care of your voice.
You and your instructor will choose the songs you would like to sing and which are best suited for your unique voice and level of development. As well, using the FULL VOICE™ Workbook Series your lessons will also include Technical Exercises, Sight Singing, Ear Training and Theory.
Full Voice Program
The FULL VOICE™ Workbook Series has been developed without a bias toward any one kind of music. It is a workbook that breaks down basic musical concepts to develop strong vocal ability and music reading skills.
Researched and developed for singers who are studying with a vocal teacher, the FULL VOICE™ WORKBOOK SERIES organizes technical, ear training, sight singing, music theory and performance exercises in concise weekly lessons.
All lessons have been developed to be flexible to the individual teacher and student. Most lessons can be completed in 10 to 15 minutes and leave ample time for repertoire development.
This program was designed for school aged students and adults who are working with a teacher and will compliment any private vocal lesson.
Every workbook includes:
- Technical Exercises – you will be introduced to many different and challenging exercises to develop breath control, range and agility.
- Sight Singing – utilizing the tonic sol-fa method of sight reading each level introduces new keys, time signatures and rhythmic challenges. Tonic Sol-fa is an amazing tool for singers of all ages. Using the hand signs is a fun game for young singers. Tonic Sol-fa aids in developing confidence and independence without relying on the piano (or any other instrument or vocalist) for assistance.
- Ear Training – the vocal student is challenged with listening skill activities that focus on singing and identifying intervals, chords and scales.
- Theory – every workbook includes theory assignments and graded reviews to assist in the development of musicianship.
- Performance – performance related activities and assessments are found in each workbook. These provide useful feedback for students, teachers and parents.