Yamaha - Young Musicians Course
for children 6 & 7 years old
Inspiring the FUTURE MUSICIAN in your family...
Young Musicians Course is offered at TWO Tauber Music locations
All locations, equipment and program content has been modified to keep students safe. Activity tables have been removed to create more space so students can keep a safe distance from each other. Each student will have their own plexiglass-keyboard-cubicle where all activities are to be done. We currently have a no-sharing-of-items and no-singing policy in effect.
Books and materials needed for this program will be issued at the beginning of the year to each student as well as a complimentary face shield. Face masks will also be available for students who forget to bring their own Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). As our preference is to err on the side of caution regardless of current government mandates, facemasks and/or shields for all students, parents, teachers & staff at Tauber Music will be mandatory while in our facilities.
Lesson Fees & Details
- Eligibility – for students ages 6 & 7. MUST turn 6 by March 15. **PARENT PARTICIPATION REQUIRED**
- Duration – 45 minutes
- Term – 10 months from September to June; 36-38 classes (Late registrations will be accepted until the end of the first week of October if space is available in a class).
- Registration Deposit – At registration a fee of $20.00 is payable to reserve a student's place in the class.
- Program Fee* – $74.00 per month for 10 months; No taxes; No contract; Lessons are month to month. This program qualifies for the Manitoba Children's Arts and Cultural Activity Credit.
- Books & Materials – Students will receive 2 sets of books and materials. Book sets are purchased in September and January and are not included in the monthly tuition fee. Please ask for details.
- Practice Instrument – A free keyboard rental is included in YMC Level One for students requiring a home practice instrument (a $5.00 rental insurance fee will apply to all free keyboard rentals).
- Family Lesson Discount – when 2 or more immediate family members are registered for lessons, a monthly lesson discount will be applied to each student. Please ask for details.
-- all posted fees are subject to change without notice --
*A monthly lesson discount will apply when you arrange to pay your account with post-dated cheques or by pre-authorized chequing. Does not apply to Apple Course, Aptitude Music Program, RCM Theory or playLOUD programs.
What's after YMC?
Upon completion of the Young Musicians Course, students will continue their study of music with private instruction on the instrument of their choice.
In addition to the Yamaha Music Courses offered at our school our qualified instructors will continue your music education with private instruction in recognized programs from the Royal Conservatory of Music and others. Choose from piano, guitar, keyboard, violin, voice, drums and more.
For information on private lesson programs at Yamaha Music School please go to our Home Page and select the instrument you are interested in viewing.