Yamaha - Music Wonderland
for children 3 1/2 & 4 years old
Exploring the world of MUSIC and SOUND...
Current Music Wonderland Status: Pending Covid-19
Due to the type of group activities normally required to make this a worthwhile music program for children in this young age group we have decided to tentatively postpone our Music Wonderland start date to January of 2021. We will re-evaluate the situation closer to January and provide updates accordingly.
Early childhood is an ideal time to start music lessons. At this age, the ear is at its' peak of sensitivity. Learning music is as natural as learning to speak.
Music Wonderland offers a unique curriculum designed to give your child the best opportunity to develop basic music skills. Using a creative approach it centers on developing three essential elements of music … pitch, harmony, and rhythm. As the first step in the Yamaha Junior Music Course it develops the musical child from within.
During this ten month program, both student and parent will participate in a weekly 45 minute lesson.
Children are engaged through song and activities that develop music appreciation, listening skills, creativity & imagination, pitch and rhythm. Each student in the class will have their own keyboard to use as a "sound" machine in the development of rhythm and listening skills.
Note to parents: All lesson material is completed at the weekly lesson. Students are not required to have their own piano or keyboard at home and are not required to practice between lessons at this level.
Lesson Fees & Details
- Eligibility– for children 3 and 4 years of age. MUST be 3 years old on or before March 15. **PARENT PARTICIPATION REQUIRED**
- Duration– 40 minutes
- Term– 10 months from September to June; 36-38 classes; Students may register any time during the school year if space is available.
- Registration Deposit – No registration fee. A deposit of $26.25 is payable at the time of registration to reserve the student's place on the schedule. This deposit will then be applied as payment of the September Books & Materials fee.
- Program Fee* – $50.00 per month for 10 months; No taxes; No contract; Lessons are month-to-month. This program qualifies for the Manitoba Children's Arts and Cultural Activity Credit.
- Books & Materials: – $25.00 plus GST; payable in September and January. Students receive 2 sets of books and materials during the program. Each set includes a workbook with CD, a text book and a sticker book.
- Practice Instrument – not required at this level.
- Family Lesson Discount – when 2 or more immediate family members are registered for lessons, a monthly lesson discount will be applied to each student. Please ask for details.
-- all posted fees are subject to change without notice --
*A monthly lesson discount will apply when you arrange to pay your account with post-dated cheques or by pre-authorized chequing. Does not apply to Apple Course, Aptitude Music Program, RCM Theory or playLOUD programs.
North Location - 1099 Henderson
South Location - 140 Meadowood
West Location - 1330 Portage